General Objectives for adult tennis players
- Acquire fundamental ground strokes forehand and backhand.
- Begin learning basic classic serve.
- Start learning volleys and overheads
- Build coordination, and ball control.
- Begin learning to rally with the instructor
- Learn the stance of ready position.
- Use side shuffle, cross-over steps
- Recovering after every stroke hit.
- More focus on being able to hold a rally with another player.
- Understand positioning for doubles.
- Learn the match rules and the court positioning for a tennis game.
- Begin learning fundamental tactics involved in rallies
- Develop placing the serve.
- Learn to hit topspin on forehand and backhand.
- Learn how to track the ball, and then react quickly using aforementioned footwork
- Learn how to return serves.
- Begin learning split step technique.
- Private & Group Tennis Lessons Best Tennis Lessons in San Jose, CA, Bay Team tennis Academy
Tennis lessons Training San Jose Newark Fremont CA Bay area, Bay Team tennis Academy
Three of the most common cases of adults Tennis
People who are complete beginners, who have no experience, and struggle to be able to hit the ball over the net. Most people who come to our clinics and lessons at this level, are firstly concerned about being able to rally with other players, or a particular partner they have in mind.
Another common case is an adult who has been playing for years and has developed bad habits which they can’t seem to get away from. This is a tough situation for players who are self taught, as all of a sudden they may not be able to get the ball in from a small habit that has developed over time. When this occurs it takes a lot of repetition in order to work the bad habit out of the swing.
Adults who play in a competitive league and are looking to increase their ranking are the most advanced of adult players who typically come to clinics and lessons. At this stage in their tennis career, they are less focused on fundamentals, and more concentrated on game strategy, increasing their arsenal of strokes, and adding more intensity to their match playing.
Bay Team tennis Academy, Book Tennis Lessons in San Jose, CA for All Ages & Levels
- Spin serves: topspin, sidespin, and kick.
- Offensive shots such as: drop shot, flat forehand, approach shot, etc.
- Learn first serve
- Add more power in your strokes using weight distribution, shoulder rotation, and wrist whip.
- Learn game strategy: identifying opponent’s weaknesses, using your strengths, recognizing critical points, etc.
- Learn how to take advantage of the opponent’s second serve.
- Learn how to reduce how weak your defensive shot is by placing the ball deeper.
- Learn how to get out of a defensive situation and turn it into offense.
- How to reflect the ball in order to use the other player’s power against them.
- Learn to control your mental attitude and not allow the player to see doubt.
- How to have control over your physical and verbal behaviors
Our program is designed to suit players from any age group and level of play, whether they are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player. We focus on fundamental skills for beginners and intermediate players by improving their technical and tactical skills. These are the fundamentals of the game, and through a 4 step method used by our coaches starting with ball dropping, hand tossing, racket feeding, and rallies, we develop their skills targeting their errors in specified drills. Each clinic we train our players on a particular skill or stroke, using equipment and the correct court size/ball level in order to give them a chance to hit the ball and work on that given stroke.
With the support of our partners, the USTA( United States Tennis Association ) providing us with training equipment. All tennis courts used for the weekly clinics and seasonal camps are reserved through Facilitron, which allows us to continue developing our players by assuring us the use of the courts we need.
We run multiple programs all year long such as the weekly youth and adult clinics, private lessons, seasonal camps, our self run tournaments, and other programs which you can see in the programs section of this website. We aim to create a world where players from different experience and playing backgrounds gather for the same objective; to learn, receive good practice, and master their skills to build confidence for a stronger, competitive mindset. We are here to put players on the right path and are committed to players success in what goals they have.
At Bay Team Tennis Academy we help players build their game as players benefit from the coaches attention and care. With our support, our students achieve the strength and stability they need to build a better game for themselves. Through our strategic plan, Bay Team Tennis Academy serves players to attain their goals ,we strive to give every player the opportunity to discover the game and learn it in an enthusiastic environment. The goal is make them play with passion with experienced coaches dedicated to working with them to open doors of success. We are here to welcome a new generation of players and help them usher in the next era of tennis. Check out our program to learn more about what we are doing.
Some of our revenues go to our foundation to support orphans and helpless children in Western Africa by offering tennis and education. Each year we organize training camps and tournaments in the Ivory Coast to help children who don’t get the opportunity to play tennis by making donations in tennis equipment and food. You can support our foundation by making a donation to make an impact in some other children’s lives.